Hello Beautiful Ladies!! There is something you may not know about your closet…but your clothes need BREATHING room!!! They told me 🙂
No matter the size of your closet, you should be able to see every item without rummaging! Really…you should! A good rule of thumb that I use is: Consider donating or consigning anything you haven’t worn in the past year.
But sometimes, we can be at a loss for what we should keep and what we should toss. So, I’m going to share the very same tips that I will be using tonight on my closet…Let’s get to work girls!
What to Keep:
- Wardrobe Basics: These include your best winter jacket, favorite blazer and “still in high-quality” staples.
- Event Dressing: You should always have a stunning LBD (little black dress) or pantsuit that fits you like a glove.
3. On-trend Items: These are the fun pieces that give your wardrobe personality and help bring your basics back to life.
4. Investment Splurges: We all have at least one piece we’ve splurged on. Whether it was an impulse shoe, or the leather jacket that was a must-have, we all need confidence-boosters in our closet! (See our blog on Why Confidence is always in)
5. And lastly, we have the “Sentimentals”: This might be your first Designer handbag or your grandma’s ring, they’ll always be in style and have a great story to boot.
Now, we have come to the harder part… what to say goodbye to…
- Get rid of anything that has tags and you haven’t worn it in the last 6 months, odds are you won’t.
- You really don’t need multiples of specific items. Unless you regularly use a uniform, you don’t need 5 of the same things in your closet.
- Why keep items that just don’t fit right. You will feel better knowing that all the things in your closet are comfortable and actually allow you to breathe. Send the rest to consignment or donation, depending on the condition.
- Well loved items can be let go, really! If your favorite tee has seen better days and it makes you look like 90’s grunge, let it go and gain some needed space in your closet. No one needs that style coming back again 🙂
Okay, these are the tips I will be using, hope they help you gain control of your space again and feel like the empowered woman you are!
Enjoy your closet cleanse!